Sunday, April 5, 2009

Milestones

#1 Sleeping through the night

I promise not to make this Amaya's sleep log, but Thursday night she slept from 11:00 to 6:30! That's more sleep than John gets most nights! And then last night she slept from 11:30 to 7:30! Unfortunately she only sleeps this long when we leave her in her swing (but not swinging, just sleeping in there while it's still), so my dilemma is deciding to just take what I get or to try and get her to sleep this long in her crib. We'll see. In celebration I post a bounty of sleeping Amaya pictures:














#2 Social Smiling

It was hard to tell when her first "real" smiles were, but eventually it was unmistakable. We'd smile and talk all excited to her and she'd smile back! My favorites are her huge open-mouthed dopey grins. Unfortunately we're always so excited to see her smiles that we don't have a camera ready to document it. Just try to imagine it. It's adorable. Which leads to...

#3 Peek-a-boo

This one was actually Emily's doing. As soon as she'd cover her face Amaya's smile would fade, only to return full force when Emily uncovered her face. I just about died. I tried to get a video of it on my phone, but apparently I don't know how to work that feature. After I told John he spent the entire night trying to get her to do it for him. No go. But just the sight of him trying to earnestly made me so happy.

Amaya just wasn't in the mood:




I was laughing so hard, so John went to change her diaper and I "caught" him trying again:


#4 The Bugagoo Big Girl Seat

As part of the social awakening, Amaya also gets upset when she can't see what is going on around her. So we decided she was trying to tell us she was done with the bassinet stroller and wanted to be up and observing. Our little girl, two months and all grown up.

John took pictures of our stroll, but until he gets them developed and posted, here is a visual aid:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Today the Bugaboo tomorrow we'll go with the Lamborgini. Just roll the top down and hang on to your diaper---away we go!

Luv U Amaya

Post a Comment