Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mornings

Amaya usually does pretty well at night, she'll eat and go right back to sleep, but around 6 or 7 in the morning she's ready for the day but I'm still exhausted. Our compromise is that I bring her in bed with me for a few hours while I quasi-nap (on a good day) or keep her entertained with the least amount of energy expended (on most days). As much as I wish she would just sleep, this usually is one of my favorite times of the day.


Amaya is almost getting to the stage where she'll reach for something that interests her. And I think she's starting to realize I'm her mom, finally!


She makes so many cute little sounds when she is trying to wake up! (And yes, that's a puddle of spit up her elbow is sitting in.)




John said, "Oh look, she's a little Jelly Bean"

4 comments:

Jette said...

Very cute little baby!I loved laying bed with the twins as much as I could... if only you can do that forever. I truly think that, this stage is the sweetest. I love the cloth diaper! What kind do you use?
Hugs,
Brigette (and Mark) Porter

Jena said...

Thank you! Yeah, I'm trying to "savor" our mornings. In this picture she's wearing a Thirsties one, although it's not my favorite. Usually we use bumgenius and I LOVE them.

Jette said...

I use fuzzi bunz, haut pockets (don't waste your money!), and flat folds. Lola got potty trained so I'm don't to just two in cloth for now til the baby comes. Tell me how did you come to cloth?
Brigette

Jena said...

When I was in junior high I babysat a family that used flat folds and plastic pants, but it wasn't really that difficult, so I always kind of considered it. Then when I was pregnant I started looking in to it and found softclothbunz.com. That's where I got all my info and where I've bought everything. It's not near as difficult as everyone thinks it is, I love it!

Post a Comment